Mary Louise DicksonEstates Law & Charities Law
Mary Louise’s practice is focused on will and trust planning, powers of attorney for property and personal care, estate administration, personal tax planning, family business planning, and the creation and maintenance of corporations and charities.
Mary Louise is a former elected Bencher of the Law Society of Upper Canada and a former member of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Mary Louise is the co-author of Ontario Estate Practice and The Wills Book. Mary Louise is a leader in the field of disability law and planning around disability issues.
Mary Louise has lectured for many organizations including the Ontario Bar Association, the Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners and the Canadian Tax Foundation.
- Ontario Bar Association
- Trust and Estates Section, Ontario Bar Association (Past Chair)
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Estate Planning Council of Toronto (Former President)
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (Former Central Canada Chair)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Order of Ontario, 2009
- Queen’s Counsel, 1983
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, 2012
- Gold Key Award, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2007
- President’s Award, Women’s Law Association of Ontario, June 2005
- Distinguished Old Girl’s Award, Bishop Strachan School, 2002 (First Recipient)
- Award for Distinguished Service, Canadian Bar Association, 1999
- Board of Directors, Toronto Summer Music
Education and year of call
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1966
- LLB, Osgoode Hall Law School
- BA, Trinity College, University of Toronto
Phone: 416.927.0891 ext. 123